Welcome Residents, Guests & Visitors!
The church is an important part of the village and can be found at the top of 6th Street. Join us Sundays at 10:30am in July and August for worship.
NEWS! The church celebrated their 100th anniversary on July 12, 2015. A memory book is coming soon.
The church flyer is available in various locations throughout the community and located in a box outside of the church at all times. This information is intended for those passing by who may be interested in attending a service. The atmosphere at this church is casual and everyone is welcome!
The Sturgeon Point Union Church has provided a place for worship and community for Point residents and visitors alike for more than 100 years.First erected in 1888, that early church structure was replaced in 1915 with the gift of the current church building, in 1915, by Mrs. J. W. Flavelle (later Lady Flavelle).
The current church is remarkable. Constructed of Georgia pine throughout, the octagonal building has windows on seven sides, supported by a centre pillar. Beams branch out to the sloping ceiling. Small dormer windows admit light from above. The bell (housed in the belfry that surmounts the structure) rings for worship every summer Sunday morning. The Sturgeon Point Union Church has remained independent, welcoming worshipers of all creeds. Services at the church are conducted on Sundays at 10:30 am during the months of July and August.
Your Church Committee
Susan Benson, Jeanne Crighton, Anne DesBrisay, Jeanne DesBrisay, Brien Gray,
Carol Gray, Norm Howard, Jacqui Mutch-Potporski, Nelia Steward, Larry Thomas.
The church is available for weddings and other celebrations. Contact Us – email
Check out pictures on Flickr!