There have been various reports of bears around the Point.
There is apparently a mother bear and two cubs. One of the cubs may be on it’s own now
As bears travel in search of natural food, they can be drawn to human-caused, unnatural food sources. These sources include:
- Bird food (seed, suet and nectar)
- Food put outside for pets or wildlife
- Compost, grease and food residue on barbecue grills
- Food smell (baking or cooking with open windows or doors)
- Agriculture crops such as corn and soya
Call the Bear Wise reporting line if a bear is:
- Returning often to your property
- Roaming around, checking garbage cans
- Breaking into a vehicle, shed, garage or unoccupied building
- In a tree in an urban area
- Pulling down a bird feeder or knocking over a barbecue
- Injured or dead
For emergency encounters: Call 911 or local police if a bear poses an immediate threat to personal safety.
For information from the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry please visit ontario.ca/bearwise.