For those travelling to and from the Sturgeon Lake Sailing Club, there is a new leg of the bike path. This provides an alternate bike route into the club from the top of the hill by the Wroe’s greenhouse.
When you pass the Wroe’s driveway, look for a path to the right, just before you get to the downhill. Take the right, and you will emerge at the north end of the Boathouse.
Remember, this is still a path and not a roadway so please use caution when navigating the terrain.
A reminder that anyone under the age of 18 MUST wear a helmet when riding their bike or anything with wheels.
For anyone under 16, parents and guardians MUST ensure the child is wearing a helmet.
The “2-4-1 Helmet Salute” is an easy way to make sure your helmet fits right so it can protect you:
- the edge of the helmet should be two fingers above the eyebrows to protect the forehead;
- four fingers to ensure the straps meet in a V shape just below the ears;
- one finger should fit between the chin and the chin strap; and
- it should not shift around more than an inch in any direction.
The Sturgeon Lake Sailing Club and the Sturgeon Point Golf Club will be at the Kawartha Lakes Country Living show in Fenelon Falls this weekend. The event takes place at the Fenelon Falls Community Centre. Visit them at booth #61.
Show dates and times:
- Fri. April 28th – 4pm to 8pm
- Sat. April 29th – 10am to 6pm
- Sun. April 30th – 10am to 3pm
Over 100 vendors and entertainment!
A chance to win a staycation at the show – enjoy a 2-night stay in a beautiful, private waterfront cottage on the Fenelon River!